Three Lakes - Four Countries
Surprisingly easy tour - 8 days / 7 nights from 999 €
This bicycle holiday will take you to Lake Constance, Lake Zurich and Lake Walensee. On this trip you can look forward to impressive Alpine panoramas, the metropolis Zurich and many large and small towns en route that will enchant you. The cycle paths are well developed and there are few inclines along the route. However, a boat trip and a trip on the cog railway offer enjoyable breaks from cycling. In short: a fantastic bicycle holiday that’s suitable for beginners awaits you.
Day 1 Arrival in Constance
Explore the town’s historical centre or go for a swim at the “Hörnle”, just like the locals.
Day 2 Constance - Schaffhausen, approx. 50 km/ 31 mi
You will cycle along lower Lake Constance, located on the Swiss side of the border, to reach the small medieval town Stein. From there you will continue cycling to the romantic High Rhine (Hochrhein).
Day 3 Schaffhausen - Rhine waterfall - Zurich, 70 km/ 44 mi
Today you will experience the Rhine Falls up close. Later on you will cycle along flat paths to reach the metropolis Zurich.
Day 4 Zürich - Lachen, approx. 45 km/ 28 mi
Enjoy a leisurely cycle along the shore of Lake Zurich to reach Rapperswil. Cross the lake on the embankment dam to reach the Canton of Schwyz.
Day 5 Lachen - Vaduz,60 km/ 37 mi + boat trip
The Linth Canal will take you to Weesen. Here you will board a ship that will take you across Lake Walensee with am amazing panoramic view of the Churfirsten mountain range.
Day 6 Vaduz - St. Gallen, 55 km/ 34 mi + train ride
A cog railway will take you up high into Canton Appenzell, from there you will visit St. Gallen with its famous monastery library.
Day 7 St. Gallen - Constance, approx. 45 km/ 28 mi
Keep cycling downhill to reach Lake Constance and then follow the lakeshore to reach Constance.
Day 8 Departure or extend your stay
The tour ends after breakfast.Why not extend your cycling tour along the three lakes and through the four countries?
Prices & Dates
Included in "Three Lakes - Four Countries":
- 7 overnight stays incl. breakfast
- luggage transfers from hotel to hotel, no maximum number of items, max. weight: 20 kg/ item (44 lbs/ item)
- ticket to Rosgarten Museum + 1 cup of coffee
- boat ride to Rheinfall waterfall
- boat ride from Weesen to Walenstadt (bike incl.)
- train ride Altstätten - Gais (bike incl.)
- travel documents and maps
- 7-day customer helpline
- visitor taxes payable on site
- optional rental bike
- Category M:
Hotels at the national 3* level as per Hotelstars Union. All rooms are en suite with bath or shower.
- Comfortable unisex bikes available in different frame sizes with 8 gears/coaster brake and 24 gears/freewheel. Equipped with side and front panniers, an odometer, lock and repair kit. E-bikes available upon request.
Travel time 2023:
- Arrivals daily from 30.04. to 07.10.
- The day of arrival determines the price of your tour.
All prices apply per person in a double room, incl. breakfast.
- 999 € super saver price
30.04.-10.05. + 24.09.-07.10.
- 1099 € saver's price
11.05.-16.05. + 11.06.-30.06. + 10.09.-23.09.
- 1199 € basic price
17.05.-26.05. + 01.06.-10.06. + 20.08.-09.09.
- 1299 € seasonal price
227.05.-31.05. + 01.07.-19.08.
- 300 € single room surcharge
- 95 € rental bike
- 235 € e-bike
- 65 € additional night Constance, double room, B&B
- 95 € additional night Constance, single room, B&B
- 100 € additional night Zurich, double room, B&B
- 140 € additional night Zurich, single room, B&B
- booking code "Three Lakes - Four Countries":
- how you can save some money
Arrival to "Three Lakes - Four Countries":
- Parking facilities in Constance:
Most hotels offer unguarded parking, prices range between 45 and 80 €/week, pre-booking is not possible. Alternatively, there are free parking facilities in residential areas - Constance is very safe.
- Arriving by train:
The hotels located in the historical centre are only a few walking minutes from Constance’s main railway station. For the hotels in the district of Lizelstetten, there is a direct bus (number 4) that departs right in front of the station. For the hotels in the Petershausen area we recommend taking a taxi, which usually costs around 9 €.
- Arriving by plane at Zurich airport:
Distance to Constance approx. 70 km / 43 miles, there is a good train connection.
Price for a single ticket to Constance: approx. SFR 30 / 25 €.
Price for a German taxi to Constance: approx. 150 € per car.
Perfectly looked after:
During your tour, we are available between 8 am and 8pm, 7 days a week. We are happy to help with any kind of problems you might be having. You will find this emergency number in your travel documents.